[Dailydrool] My Birthday...

njmedic702 at aol.com njmedic702 at aol.com
Sun Jun 8 15:36:32 PDT 2008

 Hello, hounds and houndettes everywhere.? Dozer Boneworthy here.? Today is a special day here in my home as it is a day in which to celebrate ME!?

As you all know, I am a senior hound, in my forever home for over a year now after being rescued from walking the streets of New Jersey, trying to make it on my own. I am a rather social fellow and loved by everyone who meets me so I did alright out there but Mama says the scars on my snooter are a testament to the need to fight for my rights from time to time. I was taken to a shelter in the town where they found me and a nice lady who works at another shelter (and who has Bassets and beagles of her own) heard about me and said "bring that boy here to us."? Mama had been looking for awhile for a boy houndie and someone told her that a Basset was coming to the shelter as soon as he was tutored.? Truth be told, she wasn't really sure she wanted a senior hound but once she saw me and my handsomeness and charm, well, it was all over.? My beatimous, smooshy self won her over and the rest is history.? I had a forever home!? Our vetman said he thought I was about 6 or 7 years young.? They didn't know my real birthday so June 8th was chosen to be the official Dozer birth day!?

?A lot has happened in the past year; I've made lots of new friends, learned how to share nicely with my sisters and, yes, even how to be civil to and train my new bupster brother, Dudley.? I LOVE to ride in the BUV, go to the dog park and getting belly rubs.? I especially love cuddling next to Mama on the couch at night and watching TV with her, no one else allowed, harumph!

Mama says that I am the bestest senior boy in the world.? She rubs my belly, strokes my ears, gives me baths and loves on me.? She says she doesn't know how she managed without me.? I like to make her laugh when I try to "talk" to her.? She just doesn't understand all my grunts and groans..

I heard she had something very special planned for me later - I think it may include ice cream, woo hoo....er, em...harumph.??

So, houndies and houndettes - keep on working hard to help homeless houndies everywhere.? They should all have a forever home like me....

Snooters,
Dozer Boneworthy Lowrider