[Dailydrool] a bunch of stuff

Kim Dworak kdworak69 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 8 17:40:02 PDT 2008

Dog Harness:  I use the Sensible Dog Harness for both Gunter and Wulfie.  Gunter is 55 lbs and Wulfie is 47 pounds, they both wear the medium.  I tried the medium 3/4" on Gunter but that was too big and he could step out of it so we went back to the regular medium.  They are anti pull and have really saved my arms, especially when they see rabbits!
Leather Furniture:  We had a leather sectional and I loved it, didn't hold the smell, was very easy to clean the hair off.  It was cold in the winter, but would warm up right away when you sat down.  Unfortunately, Wulfie also loved it.  He chewed a huge hole in the top of it and would pull the stuffing out.  So now we have a new, not leather couch, which is a pain to clean, but so far no holes <sigh>
Carpet:  I have a really good carpet cleaner (it's a hoover all terrain steam-vac), I clean the carpets usually once a quarter.  I've found it really helps if you go over the carpet again with clean water and no soap (after you use the soap).  It's a little more work, but really helps.  In between cleanings, I vacuum (I love my Dyson) and use Febreeze and that arm n hammer carpet powder, both work well for me.
Fetch:  Gunter will actually play fetch with me.  He'll even bring me the ball when he wants to play.  Wulfie does the basset version of fetch, including the "but I was playing with that" look when you throw the ball away.  lol
Potty:  They are both crate trained and hold it really well, if we are home all day I usually take them out 4 times.  If we have been at work they have to go out a little more, maybe 3 or 4 times between coming home from work and going to bed.  I never leave them out in the house when I'm gone, Gunter would probably be ok, but Wulfie would destroy everything in the house. <shudder>

drool to all that need it and thanks everyone for your feedback on the dremel and peticure products!

Oh and one last thing, I was at my mom's last weekend.  She lives in the Candlewick subdivision in Poplar Grove IL.  I saw the cutest basset in her subdivision laying in the garage, brown and black with a white chest.  Are you a drooler?

Kim, Gunter (go out - no thank you it's raining!) and Wulfie (mmmmm leather couch mmmmm)