[Dailydrool] Dawn Original Dishsoap

Lilie Basset Liliebasset at comcast.net
Tue Jun 10 16:37:09 PDT 2008

When my mother bought a new house, it came with a front concrete porch that
had iron stains from the metal furniture that had been left on it.  She had
the furniture dipped and refinished, and the owner of the company told her
to spread a thick film of Dawn over the marks on the concrete, let it sit
(damp)for a while and them scrub just a bit to make suds, and then just hose
it off.

He said that it wouldn't hurt the shrubs and flowers that were around the
porch, and it didn't.

I hadn't heard about it's use for mosquitoes, though.  Thanks for the idea.
I know that both the bassets and the humans would be happier without the
mosquitoes.  Are we sure that they actually serve a major purpose in the
great Circle of Life and Scheme of Things?  Lilie would also like to get rid
of flies...

Katie, Lilie and Daffodil