[Dailydrool] Maplecreek-to Dan

Cblatz Cblatz at zoominternet.net
Thu Jun 12 06:18:30 PDT 2008

Dan Wrote

I'm wondering why someone would buy from her. For the same money you could get that pet quality dog from a local show breeder and have both parents (and eventually some littermates) be Champions and the breeder
would be a proven lifetime resource.

Dan,  Some show breeders make it darn hard to buy a puppy from them with a lot of conditions in their contracts.  Even for Pets..    It is also sometimes difficult to even find show breeders or breeders who will respond to requests.
I like puppies to stay with siblings to 10 weeks.  I think it improves bite inhibition a 1000 fold.  You also have less dog to dog agression.   But some show breeders take forever decididng which dogs to keep and which to sell.
People who want adorable little puppies don't want to wait 3 or 4 months.  and bassets grow fast.  I didn't get my show girls until 4 and 5 months.   You do miss alot  of puppy antics and cuteness.

Cathy