[Dailydrool] Lumps report

Bassetmomof2 at aol.com Bassetmomof2 at aol.com
Thu Jun 12 13:18:39 PDT 2008

So we returned to vetlady today to recheck Freddie's lumps.  She  decided to
be a bit more aggressive in checking them out since her partner  vetlady had
found one to be mysterious but not cancerous in April.  So  after taking the
dogs into the back - she gave them local numbing meds, shaved  the lumps which
then exposed angry looking skin - she lanced the lumps and  found them all the
be sebaceous cysts.  Thank God, doG and everyone that  that's all they were.
Not to be left out Miss Ellie had one done too that  we found under her ear
just last night - its her first.

So both dogs have open wounds that are to heal from the inside out.   Leaking
blood/fluid and not allowed on the new carpet tonight but resting
comfortably on the couches in the family room with their blankies.  Vetlady  says that
she hopes now that they are cleaned out as much as possible that they  should
resolve.  She wasn't able to remove the whole capsule without  putting them to
sleep so if the lumps come back in the same spots then she will  need to do
the "frankenstein" surgery and remove them completely with wider  margins; to be
sure the whole cyst is removed.

So I have two bloody dogs but we are truly grateful that they were cysts  and
nothing worse.  We are instructed to clean them twice daily with a dash  of
soap and water.  They should heal within a week or so.  She's not  having me
pack them as they aren't too deep - although if they weren't cysts  they'd be
stitched for sure.

Thanks to everyone who had pawsies crossed - looks like we dodged this  one.
Helene, Freddie and Ellie