[Dailydrool] Help after surgery

Dan Hickey dhickey at m-audio.com
Fri Jun 13 07:47:41 PDT 2008

Leslie said:
----------------------------
I've tried the e-collar, a rubber blow up tube and a towel wrapped
around her neck, but nothing works to keep her from attacking her
bottom.

E-collars look like a great inconvenience to a Basset. That's what
they're supposed to be. If a dog can get to an injury site it is either
mis-fitted (too loose at the neck) or the diameter of the cone at the
front is too wide or the collar is too small. A properly sized and
fitted e-collar should prevent the contact you describe. Years ago I had
a similar operation on my Dumbo (ATB). I agree with Sylvie, your girl
should not be in such pain.

Dan Hickey