[Dailydrool] My new houndy "Flash"

barbara johns bjohnsamdex at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 13 07:52:58 PDT 2008

I signed up to be a foster after the tri-state waddle.  I was not sure about this because I am the type that once something moves into the house it stays. But I wanted to help.

I got a call to pick up a 6 year old named Flash.  His owner had become ill and could not keep him.  She was crying went I picked him up but knew she just could not take care of him any more.  I put Flash in the back of my BUV and he looked out the back window and howled all the way up the parkway.

He was quickly greeted by Barney and MO when we got home.  Barney and Mo love everybody no matter how many legs they have.  It took a couple days for Flash to settle in and learn the rules of our house (not many really).

Well, after 4 weeks I have failed as a foster and have now adopted him.  He is a really great little boy, gentle and well behaved.  Oh Heck bassets are like potato chips, you can have just one.  One more is not that much different.  Of course there is less room on the sofa for me and I now look like I am leading a sled team when we go for a walk but happy to have the new kid.  I guess I should have known that for me there is no such thing as a temporary basset.

Barbara and my three sons, Barney Mo and Flash