[Dailydrool] Ideas for "urns"

Katharine Gillen miss.lottie at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 13 09:02:01 PDT 2008

I think it is nice to "make" your own special container for the ashes of your beloved.  If you measure the current container and then take those measurements to Michaels or some craft store, you can find a nice plain box or basket that you can then "decorate" with a picture or items that personalize it for your pet.  Perhaps a laminated favorite picture of the pet with a fancy penned name plate.  Or some stampers or press-ons that represent things your pet really liked.  Decorate a lot or a little, depending on your taste, then display next to a framed picture of your pet on a shelf, mantle, etc.  To me, the fancy boxes you can get to contain the ashes aren't as personal as something you can do yourself, and you don't have to be a craft wizard to create something nice when you see everything they have to choose from at a craft store.                                                                                                               Kate, "All Paws Crossed"