[Dailydrool] Crates

Marilyn Bickell mbickellhounds at comcast.net
Sun Jun 15 17:13:44 PDT 2008

We have all kinds of crates: plastic crates. Wire crates. Soft-sided crates.
The wire crates are in the BUV for traveling because they offer great air
circulation. Soft-sided and plastic crates are for nighttime sleeping. We
have crates here and at the cabin and wire crates recently put in the car
for permanent use.
Soft-sided crates aren't recommended for puppies or any dog that likes to
chew and/or destroy, or fight being in a crate. Surprisingly, Rosey does
fine in a soft-sided crate; she sleeps in one at night. And is occasionally
sent to hers to chill out when she gets overly hyper. Once in her crate she
totally mellows out.

Crates. Ya' gotta' have one or ten. I love our crates, and so do the dogs.
And no, it is not cruel to crate your dogs ;o) Beaver and Rosey will
actually go to their crates without being asked. El Queeno will not because
... well, she's a queen and doesn't think she should be "caged."
Last night Rosey was sent to her crate for not settling down. I left the
crate door open and she stayed there for almost 4 hours, not wanting to come
out.

Marilyn, Miko (Chasing lizards in Heaven), Bess, RoseyMae, and Beaver
Cleaver, Fort Bragg, CA

"You have gone ahead and nothing is the same, leaving paw prints on my heart
that will always remain."- Tibetan Proverb from Prayers on the Wind.