[Dailydrool] Bunnies and Bassets

Opal-Deitering, Gaylene gaylene at umich.edu
Tue Jun 17 13:00:59 PDT 2008

We have 3 bunnies that continuously torment the dogs.  Attila the Bun is
the back yard bunny, and Bunzilla and Vlad Bunula (read like dracula)
have shifts in the front.  Am tempted to shoot them, but they are pretty
funny. Bunzilla hangs out by the porch and eats the fallen bird seed,
often sitting there waiting for us in the morning when we take the dogs
out.  He actually hopped right up to my husband and gave his toe a
sniff.  Bunula likes to be in the middle of the front yard, and doesn't
get very close.  Attila hangs out about 5 feet from the back kennel and
drives the dogs crazy every evening around 6:00.  Sometimes I sneak
Clover out the front door and we surprise him and chase him into the
back woods.  It is the only time the old girl ever runs any more.  It is
kind of like watching a slow motion movie of some drooly sports figure.
She doesn't stand a chance of catching him, but we do really enjoy the
short run. It is fun.  I think the bunny likes it too.  He gets to feel
very smug about outsmarting the hunter!

Gaylene Opal-Deitering

My passions do not replace my relationship with God, but are instead a
reflection of it!