[Dailydrool] pitbulls, walking, and whatnot

Alan Folsom alan at folsoms.net
Tue Jun 17 18:30:47 PDT 2008

First let me say I am a pacifist, and Quaker, and would never unneccesarily
harm anything.  Be that as it is I never walk my dogs, especially at night,
without a largish knife in my pocket.  If some other animal is attacking me
or my dog, I will do what I need to to protect us.  I'm particularly glad to
read about the dazer, as a more peaceful step before things escalate that
far.   I'll be ordering one or two tomorrow.

Some may remember that when I got Ginger, one of my sons rode along with me,
and held her throught the four hours home.  She bonded to him, and
immediately to his twin brother, after the initial shock of seeing two of
them.

Despite their best efforts, and a major attack of senioritis, they will be
graduating from high school tomorrow.  On Thursday they have an all day
orientation at their college, and then immediately go off to summer camp
where they work during the summer, all week, except for noon saturday till
noon sunday. This will be a MAJOR shock for Ginger.  After summer camp, they
will have only a few days off before college starts.

Of course, I'LL get more chance at the belly rubs and games, but I'm sure
she'll miss them.  My wife and I may also, but I'm not sure it will take a
while to find out.

 -Al