[Dailydrool] Rimadyl, Elsa and a couple of questions

Karen sparks_red at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 08:20:20 PDT 2008

Melanie and Rimadyl.  My Ruby (with hip dysplasia)
was on Rimadyl for 6 years, luckily we had no problems. You really need
to keep a close eye on liver and kidney function if you decide to use this drug  Also there are
reports of dogs becoming lame and paralyzed.  If you  Google side effects of Rimadyl  you will get tons of info, some pretty scarey.  I took Ruby off Rimadyl and she is now on Joint support, which is keeping her pain free.

Sad
arhoos and healing drool for Elsa's family.  I am sure that Elsa is
enjoying the buffet and having a great time now that she is like a
puppy again.  I can just imagine her lazing in the sun or happily cloud
hopping chasing bunnies and butterflies.  You have a beautiful new
angel watching over you.

On a last note, I was given a "natural"
bug spray that I am reluctant to use in the kidz backyard.  It is made
from the tobacco plant that is boiled down.  Has anybody ever tried
this?  Also I need a rat deterrent.  We have a creek and field behind
the house.  My neighbors and I have a lot of vines growing(grapes,
passion fruit) and fruit trees and the rats come up out of the field.
There was one sitting on the honeysuckle vine hanging over the fence
last night staring at me.  Sticky traps would work, but terribly
costly considering the problem.  They are even getting in the garage and into my daughters
storage tubs.  My biggest fears is if they get in the house through the
dog door, yikes!  Any help would be appreciated.

Droolz to all in need,
Karen and the Dog House Gang,
Ruby
Doo (the great rat hunter), Tucker (hey I am learning to hunt), Abby
(who cares, give me treats), Sadie (Rats scare me) and Cuddles (thank
goodness rats can't get in my house)