[Dailydrool] Harness and also coyotes

Gorney shadedog at adelphia.net
Thu Jun 19 08:04:42 PDT 2008

We use the Ruffwear harness for our boys who are 60lbs each. It has both the chest straps and an additional belly strap that keeps it from slipping off the front. Extremely durable and also has a handle to lift them. Since we hike with them we this all very important in case we need to helicopter them out (just kidding about the helicopter but it could happen). The handle is also good for picking up the 1000lb flat basset. http://www.ruffwear.com  I just checked the website and it appears they may have re-engineered the harness a bit but maybe it's even better. We bought them about a year ago.

Regarding coyotes we never have the boys outside without us and they're always on a lead. However we have seen the coyotes very brave and not running away scared. Maybe I'll carry my metal hiking stick.

Sue, Milohound and The Trackerdog
and....The Shadedog(atb)