[Dailydrool] Floor cleaning machines

Elizabeth Lindsey erlindsey at comcast.net
Thu Jun 19 12:16:19 PDT 2008

We use a Hoover Floormate to clean our tile, linoleum, and wood
floors. It does both dry and wet vac, and has rotating scrub brushes
on its head. It's definitely no substitute for a good hands-and-knees
scrubbing with a stiff brush, but I like it because it not only
vacuums up water but also whatever stray dog hair the vacuum missed.
Cleaning the waste-water bucket isn't a pleasant job, but overall
we've been happy with the Floormate. Be forewarned that these floor
cleaning machines aren't designed to live long lives. If you can get
four years out of one, you're doing well.

Elizabeth