[Dailydrool] Lightening Bugs & Daddy Long Legs

Mucci, Annette Annette.Mucci at Delmonte.com
Fri Jun 20 05:31:58 PDT 2008

Sometimes I forget that Schroeder is still a "puppy" even though he weights almost as much as my full grown boxers.
I forget that there are things which are totally new to him this summer since he was just a baby this time last year.

This week, for the first time, he is experiencing chasing lightening bugs and this morning he had a first encounter with a daddy long legs spider.

It has been such a stop and smell the roses moment for me this week that I wanted to share.  It is easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of life.
But there are times when the things he does, makes me stop and live in the moment.

I thought he had a mouse or mole cornered by the deck this morning by the look on his face and how he was acting.
As I put my flip flops on to go out to see what he was getting into, I bent down, and saw the daddy long leg scurrying across the deck.
The look on his face was so cute - so innocent and inquisitive.  (...unlike those moments when I catch him eating the toilet paper off the roll. LOL)

I just couldn't help but share this as the "innocence of youth" put me in such a good mood for the morning.

Happy Friday everyone and hope you all have a good weekend.

Love and drool to all in need.  Especially those caught in the Midwest flooding.

Annette, Maya, Cassie & Schroeder