[Dailydrool] Ear question?

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Fri Jun 20 08:16:10 PDT 2008

You can clean it again with Epi .. but I would not do the blue ear...

ok.. so chances are 99.99% that this little girl doesn't have a ruptured
drum... but you don't know.. and EpiOptic isn't known to be damaging.. its
more like "she got dirty so I washed her again" as opposed to "she was
infected and i started to cure"

If you had her for two or three weeks .. then by all means I would mention
it to her slave ... and then ask if slave would like me to try blue power
ear ... or if she would like me to take to vet.. or even if her slave *knew*
her ears were worked over during the bath.... but in this case... I'd
re-epi-wash, and wait to see ... definitely mention it to her slave at
pickup time.. "I noticed red inflamed ears i did an epi wash and that seemed
to help but you might want to keep an eye on her"

no smell generally indicates things are ok or good... but its possible that
the bather didn't use epi.. they may have just used water.. because most epi
I've used leaves a smell behind of the epi.. so you know its been done.. and
if the bather did use just water.. then baby basset may just be irritated by
the water drying.. that's why there's vinegar and water solution, and why
there's epi... to clean but not leave slow-drying water behind, or water
with 'stuff" in it..

-Robert

  _____

Subject: [Dailydrool] Ear question?

I am babysitting Sadie's drooler sister for the weekend...she is 3 1/2
months.  I noticed last night she shakes her head a little too frequently.
Looked in her ears and they are bumpy, a little red, but no real smell,

I gently cleaned them with some epi-otic

This morning they are a little less red but she is shaking her head still.

My question is: Can I use the blue ear treatment on her.  I have never used
it
(all snips to condense Q & A)