[Dailydrool] Feeding question

DEBBIE.WYNN at comcast.net DEBBIE.WYNN at comcast.net
Tue Jun 24 16:54:01 PDT 2008

I have a 9 week old puppy, and her groomer told me she is at least 5 lbs. underweight.  So I switched her food to Canidae and now I feed her both dry and canned food while encouraging her to eat 4 times a day.  My other three dogs are beside themselves with jealousy because they only get the dry food (although I do put just a dollop of canned food on theirs - I can't resist those pleading eyes) and they only get to eat twice a day.  And to add insult to injury everyone except the puppy is tethered at mealtime because otherwise they will steal her food.

This may seem like a silly question, but I worry that the other 3 dogs won't like her because she is getting special treatment.  She is a normal puppy who chews on them and tries to get them to play, but they all try to avoid her - jumping up on furniture to get away from her or giving her a "leave me alone" bark.  Now that she is getting extra food and special food at that I am concerned that they will hold it against her.

Does anyone have any tips on how to help older dogs like new puppies?  Thanks in advance for your advice.

Debbie