[Dailydrool] Some things best left unsaid

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 25 15:22:53 PDT 2008

Some years ago I had a good friend from Georgia (USA) who owned three somewhat overweight, elderly chihuahuas.  Occasionally, when she was out walking the dogs, people would make uflattering comments about the chihuahuas to Barbara.  Once when I was out with them, a stranger commented to Barbara: "Those are the ugliest dogs I have ever seen".  Her response, with a gracious smile and her most gushing, honeyed Southern accent, was: "Oh, thank you.  How rude of you to say so".  Stopped the commenter in his tracks.  I loved it.