[Dailydrool] Things best left unsaid...

Jan Marchlewski jan3luski at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 26 08:14:21 PDT 2008

One of the rudest comments I heard about of our fosters came from another foster home.  We picked up Sammy from his owners on a Sunday.  He was 20 lbs "over-loved."  Sammy went to an adoption day sponsored by the basset rescue on that Saturday.  One foster home was not very kind in their words about Sammy.  I explained that Sammy had 9 years to reach his current weight and it won't come off overnight.  They were downright mean with other comments about Sammy.  They had enough nerve to ask whether I would be able to handle working with Sammy to lose weight.  It made me think of school bullies making fun of another kid's weight.  Ironically while they were making fun of Sammy's size, they were feeding their overweight foster some cake.

  Sometimes the nice guys finish first - Sammy was adopted before their foster.

Jan
  Lady, Grace & Lenny

  Lady's Dogster page:  www.dogster.com/dogs/539735
  Lenny's Dogster page:  www.dogster.com/dogs/539732