[Dailydrool] Norm Update #2, Listerine and Nails

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Sat Jun 28 10:35:07 PDT 2008

Sandi,
I just wonder if they have walked Norm yet?  I know that he is pretty sleepy from the pain medication and sore, but walking will sometimes stimulate elimination.  Although I am a two legger I totally empathize with him, abdominal surgery hurts and any movement just increases the pain..  I didn't want to move.   The anesthesia and pain meds will cause nausea, constipation and urinary retention, which is one reason as a nurse I always encourage my patients to walk.  It just gets things moving faster.
We do hope that he is feeling better today and that he gets to come home.
Sending healing droolz for Norm,
Karen and The Dog House Gang
Ruby Doo, Tucker, Abby, Sadie, Cuddles, Gregor and Teeka