[Dailydrool] The Arkansas 11

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 13:32:04 PDT 2008

If you can't see the pictures in this email, click here to see it in a web
browser:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=jhefbe6.67i6njma&x=0&y=-1wrcd0&localeid=en_US

There is a link to some of the pics from the Arkansas 11. I only met 8 of
them, but didn't manage to get all of their pictures.  Rylee is spending the
night with us until her foster Moms can get her tomorrow.  I don't believe
Rylee has ever had a dog bed because she just lays her head on it or tries
to chew it. Oliver is trying to get her to play right now, but I am not sure
she knows how. She has not played with any toys yet here.  There is no toy
aggression here or food aggression so we don't put up the toys unless it
becomes an issue.  Today, I had the honor of meeting Dufus, Rufus, Carol Ann
(formerly Mystery), Rylee (formerly Daffie), Molly (formerly Cleo), Sadie,
Lucy, and Sweetie.  Five of them road about an hour and a half with us on
the final leg of the trip.  Oliver was howling when Rufus's family showed up
and Mazzie started howling so Rylee was cocking her head to the side.  Rufus
strolled right in and "christened" the corner of the couch, after making
formal introductions outside.  The mini Ollie tried to show the bassets
whose boss and they didn't care.  Tomorrow at 1 pm, the press is showing up
to take a picture at the grooming shop of one of our foster Mom's.  The
Arkansas 11 are all in homes tonight where they can be pampered and loved.
We should have taken bets on how many "foster failures" there will be out of
10.  One was a direct adoption.  All 11 were vetted, vaccinated, heartworm
tested and altered before making the trip.  What is sad is that one of the
one year olds looks like she might have already had a litter.  No more
litters for any of them though.  Follow their progress on www.nybasset.org

Thanks everyone,
Dee, Maggie, Mazzie and Oliver