[Dailydrool] The Arkansas 11 - OMBR is so grateful

Menzie Campbell menziecampbell at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 16:29:10 PDT 2008

Oh, Dee, thank you - I am SO happy to see pics of the babies with new
foster parents and forever parents!

OMBR is so very thankful to ABC for saving these poor babies.  We are
a very small rescue- as of right now, we have only THREE - yes, 3 -
available foster homes, and they are all fostering two each.  When we
got the call from this breeder about these 11 bassets, we were
heartborken.  We have no money to board dogs for any length of time,
and frankly, not enough funds right now to even provide them the
needed vet care.  So we were so glad when ABC's board and Gary Penny
worked a miracle and were able to take all 11.

As puppy mills go, down in this part of the country, this one wasn't
even "that" bad.  If you saw the pics Phil took in their conditions,
they at least had some dog houses, and their pens were pretty clean,
and the bassets all have decent body weight.  And the fact that none
of them had heartworms means that he might even having been giving
them heartworm prevention.   I mean, down here in puppy mill country,
we've seen dogs in cages six inches deep in their own feces, dogs in
pens with no shelter but 7-foot-high weeds, dogs with nothing to eat
but moldy food soaked by rain, thrown to them in torn-open Old Roy
bags.  Dogs so covered with ticks they were nearly dead of anemia from
bloodloss.  Well, you get the picture.  So we are glad that these guys
were/are relatively healthy, in terms of some we've seen.  But they
had no human contact and real love; never had a dog bed, or a toy, or
slept in the air conditioning, or on a couch. This is why everyone
needs to make sure their friends and family never buy from pet stores,
or through the classified ads or the internet.

Anyway, these 11 are on to wonderful lives, thanks to ABC.  So please
go to www.nybassets.org and donate some money for their vet care.  So
many of you helped OMBR last year, with the OMBR 24- we could never
had paid for all their vet care without everyone's help; and the same
holds true for ABC.  And good luck to all these babies - I can't wait
to read more updates!
If you can't see the pictures in this email, click here to see it in a
web browser:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=jhefbe6.67i6njma&x=0&y=-1wrcd0&localeid=en_US

There is a link to some of the pics from the Arkansas 11. I only met 8
of them, but didn't manage to get all of their pictures.

--
Menzie Campbell
Save a Life - Don't Shop, ADOPT!