[Dailydrool] today's calendar day

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 04:14:30 PDT 2008

We have the privilege of having June 30th as our calendar day, today.  It
happens to be the Dad Slave's and my 13th wedding anniversary.  There will
be no presents for anyone, since the Dad Slave is not with us. He is in
Iraq.  Anyhow, the speckled tri is Mazzie.  She was adopted from the humane
society what will be 3 years at the beginning of September. Mazzie will be 5
years old on August 17th. Mazzie is the one with fusion in her spine and
bent and bowed front legs.  She was abused in her past and is living the
life of luxury with our family.   Maggie, my heart dog, is the red and white
that is fading fast in color.  Maggie will be 9 years old on November 6th.
Maggie is our pet store puppy, before we knew any better.  We did learn the
difference and we can thank Maggie for getting us involved in ABC Basset
Hound Rescue.  Without her, we never would have turned to a basset group.
Maggie has taught us many things over the years, besides not to buy from a
petstore that sells puppies.  Maggie has moved so many times with us.
Maggie has lived in many places with us, because of the Air Force.  We used
to live in Wyoming and now we are back to NY state, where we have moved
multiple times. We finally put roots down.  I dont' understand how people
can move and not take their furbabies with them.  My husband got orders to
Italy and there was talk of Maggie being in quarantine for so many months
(this was years ago) so I would not do that to her and we sure wouldn't get
rid of her so we decided as a group that we loved Maggie and if we had to
choose we would get off active duty which is exactly what we did.  Now the
Dad Slave is in the NY Air National Guard.  Maggie, and Mazzie too, are
family to us and not just "pets" and now you know the stories behind the
picture today.  Maggie wants to say she is single and if there are any guys
out there that love to sleep all day and snore away, then you are the man
for her. LOL.  Mazzie is single too.  Maybe we should make out personal adds
for them on the drool.  Anyhow, this is way too long now so........

DRool to everyone in need,
Dee, Maggie, Mazzie and Oliver.
Oh Maggie's name should say Maggie Mae just so you know it is not Ma.