[Dailydrool] More Morely Nail trim exploits

Leslie Rich leslie-rich at comcast.net
Mon Jun 30 04:44:16 PDT 2008

Ah yes, T-H-E Basset Nail Trim.... how to do this oneself? The ultimate
question. I have read for years the awesome exploits of the brave souls who
take on this feat of total masochistic torture of doing one¹s basset¹s
nails....

As I have mentioned previously, Mr. Morely gets his monthly pedicure at the
vet. I am charged for this ($17.00) but at least it¹s not per foot which is
what my vet deserves for taking on this challenge. One time it took 4 vet
techs while the vet held him down and got the job done ­ that¹s an all time
record I suspect will hold for awhile. Now, he gets his 1/2 tab of ACE (now
only 2 vet techs needed) and I stay OUT of the office. It should be noted
that I am a wuss of grand proportions and cannot bear to hear him howling
and screaming as if they were extracting his nails using a pair of pliers.

Moral: I wouldn¹t do it myself ­ EVER! And I am still amazed and impressed
at all of you who do trim nails yourselves....

Leslie and Morely

Leslie Rich
Creative Wood Designs
Santa Fe, NM