[Dailydrool] Steps

Katie Strobel katie.strobel at gmail.com
Tue May 20 17:01:29 PDT 2008

Hi everyone -

I know I should have saved it the last time it went around but does
anyone have the instructions on how to build your own steps for the
dogs to get on the couch and the bed? If anyone has them, if they
could email them to me - I would really appreciate it. My email is
katie.strobel at gmail.com.

I've been in the middle of two weeks of finals for law school and then
took a nice weekend in yellowstone and have just gotten back. Tomorrow
is Watson's TPLO surgery - I have to have him at the vet by 7am! Since
it's not our regular vet it's an hour's drive from the house so that
means tomorrow is an early day for Watson and I. I am sure that I will
be a wreck for the next two days. We pick him up Thursday morning and
then its six weeks of intensive rehab and cage rest. Needless to say,
Watson is going to be one very unhappy guy for the next month and a
half - but I think it's going to be worth it in the end. He'll be
uncomfortable for a while but then I am reassured that he will be
better than ever.

If he is going to be better than ever, then I need those steps to get
onto the couch because he'll be on and off and boy the worst possible
thing that could happen is that he tears the other ACL and we have to
do this all over again! Anyway, I have been shopping around for steps
for the bed and couches but I can't find any that are both attractive,
inexpensive, and sturdy enough for Mr. Watson. He's 50 pounds and
we're trying to keep him there. The surgeon said we should take about
3 pounds off of him and he'll be just perfect. We're not taking any
weight off until after he's healed though. He'll need all those
calories to get better. Hopefully he'll be fine, but I am still
nervous. He's had a lot of vet visits in his year and a half of life,
and he doesn't like it there anymore - I think he associates it with
pain. Whenever we go there he ends up missing something or being taken
away from us for a day or two ... I hope they're nice to him. I may
have to give him a blankie that smells like me so he'll rest
better...my poor boy....

Anyways, sorry this is long. We send healing drool to all those that
need it and please keep Watson in your thoughts tomorrow for a nice
safe surgery and restful healing time.

Thanks,
Katie - worried mom of Watson (currently sunning himself in back yard)