[Dailydrool] Grass eating

Cblatz Cblatz at zoominternet.net
Thu May 1 07:48:49 PDT 2008

I have 6 adults and 3 puppies.   They all eat grass and very rarely vomit it back up.

They especially like the longer weedy grass and fresh cut grass.

Why?  Don't know,  don't care.  It hasn't hurt any of them in 20 years.  but we don't use pesticides or fertilizers.
Mine will also sometimes eat what looks like dirt.  They'll dig up the grass and eat at the roots.   My personal opinion is that they are eating grubs.
They seem to do it in the spring and fall.   I guess summer grubs are too dry or the grubs go further underground.
They are dogs afterall, and dogs by nature are scavengers.

Cathy