[Dailydrool] Rattlesnake Bite

Rkbeard at aol.com Rkbeard at aol.com
Thu May 1 16:54:15 PDT 2008

There is now a vaccine that will protect your dogs from rattlesnake and
other pit viper bites.  Mu vet has given it to all my dogs, and I can  attest that
it protects against Copperhead bites.  I have had three dogs  bitten in the
last two years--two of them had been given the vaccine, and did  not even swell
up or get sick.  The only way I knew they had been bitten  was that a little
hair came off at the bite site.  The third dog nearly  died--she had been sold
to another person, and came back to me after I had  vaccinated all the others.

I forgot that she had not been vaccinated--something I hope I will never do
again.

The vaccine requires two shots one month apart the first year, and annual
boosters after that.  Believe me, I do not like to over vaccinate my dogs,  but
this is one vaccine that I will always give.

Kathryn Beard

favorites at AOL Food.