[Dailydrool] (no subject)

dpmcquade at juno.com dpmcquade at juno.com
Thu May 1 16:57:16 PDT 2008

<< I was once transporting three bassets going from 4theHounds to Mid-Atlantic basset rescue.  I didn't have room for crates so I tethered them in the buv.  As we were zooming east on I-44, the rear driver side window went down.  I looked back and one of the bassets had his head out of the window.  I powered up the rear window.  I was thinking that I must have hit the switch.  We drove about 15 minutes more and the rear driver's side window lowered again.  I powered up the window and used the lock-out feature.  As I was crossing the bridge into Illinois, I heard a loud woof from the backseat.  I glanced in the mirror and the basset was pawing at the door.  Apparently one of my passengers preferred the wind in his hair.  When I met the next driver I told her the story.  I guess she didn't at first believe me.  Because about 10 minutes later, she called
laughing.  The basset powered down the window in her vehicle.>>

One day Drew and I were driving back from a basset event with Jane, Belvedere, and Abner. We hadn't had Abner long, and it was the first time we'd put all three hounds in the backseat of my Accord. We knew it wouldn't be roomy, but we figured that if the hounds behaved, it would be fine.

Well, since they were so tired, Jane and Bel lay down. Abner barely had any room and ended up perching atop the arm rest that holds the window controls. Sure enough, after a short distance, the back window started to go down.

Drew started yelling at me (like I was in the backseat?). It took me a while to convince him I had nothing to do with it and that the dog had done it because he had no other alternatives.

It didn't take Drew long to decide we needed to get the van he'd always wanted.

I didn't object, because I didn't think I should be blamed for basset shenanigans.
Pam, with Drew, food slave to the Dashing Bassets