[Dailydrool] Rock eating

bassetmom at frontiernet.net bassetmom at frontiernet.net
Fri May 2 07:45:18 PDT 2008

Our 2 yr. old basset Rosie eats EVERYTHING... so she is mostly an
indoor dog so she can be supervised.  We even have to walk her using a
halti because she slurps up everything along the way on a walk.

We have taught her to "leave it" and "spit it out" but that only works
if you catch her in the act.

We keep her busy with chew toys.  She likes her nylabone and the Busy
Buddy food toys made by premier (sold at amazon.com...we have a
Waggle, Squirrel Dude and Chuckle).  Those toys have been
indestructable and you can freeze food inside of them.. she likes a
peanut butter on bread with water all frozen up.

Sarah
Basset Mom to Rosie and Obie (ATB)