[Dailydrool] Thank you, May 4th's DD Houndie and a plea for help. :)

jacquelynbaker at comcast.net jacquelynbaker at comcast.net
Sun May 4 19:00:46 PDT 2008

May 4, 2008

Hello fellow Drooler friends,

First, I want to thank all of the kind folks who sent me cards, photos and get well greetings.  The support meant sooo much to me. I just loved the houndie cards and photos.  I have them on my desk. :)  I apologize for not yet replying to each person who sent me a greeting, so please bear with me, as I do plan to send TY notes soon.  I've just been very tired and haven't been up to sorting through and reading and replying to email as of late.  My last surgery just took a lot out of me. :(

Please take special note of the DD calendar Houndie today...Max the Hound.  Max is still rallying funds for the upcoming fundraiser at the end of the month...please help him!  Max exemplifies what rescue is all about.  When Max was ten or eleven, Max's family took him to a shelter, and said they didn't want him anymore.  Why?  He was just too old.  If that wasn't bad enough, Max also had a myriad of health issues that needed to be addressed.  He had an enlarged heart, shot joints, allergies, chronic gastro issues with vomiting and diarrhea...not to mention that Max was in a lot of pain.  Consequently, he was grumpy, and if he was touched in places where it really hurt, he would growl and snap.  Max was a sad, and greatly misunderstood hound who underneath his  exterior just wanted to be loved and valued.

 Without rescue, hounds like Max end up being euthanized.  Fortunately, BROOD, Basset Rescue of Old Dominion, rescued Max from that shelter and gave him a new lease on life.  Though it wasn't that simple.  Max was in foster care for a while and then adopted out, but returned within the trial period.  Why?  He growled and snapped at his new family. :(  BROOD took him back, and shortly thereafter, Max made his way to me.  I suspected that Max was in pain, and wasn't put off by his snarly behavior.  I didn't give up on him, and neither did BROOD, and that's what Max needed.  In September of 2006, Max's vet said he didn't think Max would survive another month...his heart was sooo bad.  Yet, Max beat the odds for another 17 months...thanks to BROOD.  Max lost his battle on Superbowl Sunday of this year, but his spirit will live on forever.  Please help BROOD help more hounds like Max...without your donations, hounds like Max can't be helped.

Please, would you take a few minutes out of your hectic schedule to give a donation to BROOD right now.  You can either send your donation in the mail or via Paypal.

Mail checks to:

BROOD
c/o John Warner
15213 Clear Spring Rd
Williamsport MD 21795

Or go directly to their web page and click "donate to brood" on the left hand side.  http://www.brood-va.org/

When you send your donation, please mention that your donation is in honor of Max the Hound...thank you from the bottom of my heart. :)

Jacquelyn