[Dailydrool] bassets and flu

Helena Poist helena at proplanner.com
Mon May 5 10:09:14 PDT 2008

We had one basset sick with a running poo... every two hours... I tried
the beef and rice - didn't help. The vet then kept him two days - he was
dehydrated and even with a bland diet and medication and powder on his
food, it took him three days to recover after coming home.
My second basset is now sick. He got me up three times each night and on
his walk, strained to go.. and when he did  he Yelped... and rubbed his
butt on the ground.. not behavior fitting for this basset.. so off to
the vet he went this morning.

They told me to keep my remaining dog, an old beagle, away from his
previous stools. Like how am I going to do that.
So beware, there is something nasty going around.

Helena Poist