[Dailydrool] Thank you so much to Droolers

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Tue May 6 17:30:47 PDT 2008

I'm writing to say thank you to you wonderful people.  I have received many responses and suggestions both on and off Drool since I first posted about my run-in with a neighbor who objected to my walking past her house with my bassets.  I have not done anything yet ( partly due to the refusal of my fearful basset, Beauregard, to venture out on walks anywhere since the incident, and partly because I am taking to heart and thinking about each suggestion carefully, and waiting until I feel calm and collected myself too before I take next steps).

  What I did want to say is that you folks are the best.  Responses which shared my outrage soothed my heart and fears, and I needed this.  Responses which appealed to my reasoning and negotiating side helped me try to figure out what would be the most constructive action to take to make the situation better in the long-run.  Responses with humor helped me take this all less seriously (I love the idea of a basset waddle up my street).  Responses acknowledging the socio-cultural undercurrents complicating the situation helped me feel less crazy.  Thank you, everyone.  Val, and Harley and Beauregard the bassets