[Dailydrool] Lance Basset is home

Laurie A Diehl diehllau at msu.edu
Wed May 7 05:00:21 PDT 2008

Drool does work.

When I left the Animal Hospital Monday evening the vet said it was very
optimistic to think Lance would be able to come home Tuesday night. Then
during the day yesterday I got calls from the day time doctor talking about
possible obstructions, so I figured I wouldn't be getting Lance home until
tonight at the earliest.  I got a call last evening from the vet who
admitted him and said he was ready to go at 8 PM. Yeah. She didn't agree
with the other vet and thought that as sick as he'd been could definitely
cause stomach pain and there were no other signs of an obstruction so no
x-rays and I actually got money back when I went to pick up Lance. I'd had
to prepay for two days of treatment and he came home after one. He's tired
and I've had a talk with Rita the c at t that she ought to leave him alone.
He's being feed less for a couple of days and she's just the right size for
a snack.
So Drool works. Now I have to figure out what caused the episode. I spoke to
his Kennel where he spent the weekend, and they didn't notice anything out
of the ordinary. I don't think he stresses about kenneling. I'd planned on
traveling over Memorial day, now I don't know.

Thanks for the drool,
Laurie and Lance in Kalamazoo