[Dailydrool] Feeding multiple dogs

Sandy sanwhe47 at gmail.com
Wed May 7 07:46:52 PDT 2008

"I am always amazed at those who have multiple dogs  that don't use crates.
They are the greatest training / peace keeping tool. All but 2 of my dogs in
their crates all the time.>>"

I didn't realize how lucky we are (probably dumb luck on my part) with
feeding seven dogs without problems.  I hope I don't jinx us by writing this
 but I don't separate our dogs when they eat.  Just by the number they aren
t in the same room and the first fed finish before the last but we've never
had any problems.
When Willie, Dora and Val came to live with us a year ago they were use to
having a bucket of O'Roy available at all time and it took about two weeks
to get them use to eating regular meals out of their own bowls and I kept
them separate from the other dogs with a gate.
When treats are passed out everyone sits and waits their turn---they know
everyone is going to get a piece.
Dora is one of the first to finish and she will find someone still eating
and lie down with her nose inches from the dish and watch the eater finish.
I do supervise but we've had no problems.  When everyone is finished they
line up at the door to go outside.
Anyone will tell you I am a big pushover so I know our success is more due
to the dogs personalities than to my handling!!
Sandy W
Bea, Val, Dora, Willie,Thumpy(the Pit-Basset)
Bug and Max who are happy not being Bassets
See our family at:
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/513320