[Dailydrool] Feeding multiple dogs

Noah Goslowah handsomehounds at yahoo.com
Wed May 7 09:10:53 PDT 2008

Since we are now living with 4 dogs, feeding has become more of an issue. I have had to move to the following system:

  Bring all 4 food dishes together and fill, adding vitamins and perhaps meds for one dog.

  Take 2 dishes outside on the deck and put down about 4 ft apart. Go inside with 2 dogs remaining outside to eat.

  Take remaining food dishes into kitchen and put down SIMULTANEOUSLY about 2 ft. apart.

  This way I can let the dogs who eat more (the outside eating ones) have more time to eat and prevent the greedy little piglet Stella B Low from getting to anyone else's food before they finish.  Stella and Deohgee eat less and they finish at about the same time-still before the outside dogs finish.  The closd door prevents SBW from grabbing food and possibly starting a conflict with Roland and Bullet.

Janice Henry Colvin
  gardener, dog rescuer, spiritual director, mother, grandmother and friend