[Dailydrool] Suggestions for Hemorrhagic gastroenteritis

Laurie A Diehl diehllau at msu.edu
Wed May 7 10:14:15 PDT 2008

Hi Carol,
Lance is very tired, but very hungry. We're doing small meals of i/d right
now, with metrodianozole and pepcid. Lance eats his food well most days. He
doesn't usually inhale it, but certainly doesn't dally. Last night to help
his small meal last longer I put the i/d in a kong. He loved that. The vet
said once a dog has had a bout with HGE, which Lance had about 4 years ago,
they are likely to have a recurrence. In the past I've been able to stave
off full blown problems by keeping the metrodianozole on hand for upset
tummies that wouldn't get better with the pepto. It looks like most people
are suggesting the Pepcid as a daily regimen.
I'm still looking for alternative ideas if anyone has experience with the
HGE.
Thanks,
Lance and Laure in Kalamazoo