[Dailydrool] Drool Site - Sorry!

N. Gallagher nancy at dailydrool.com
Fri May 9 14:44:48 PDT 2008

Thanks to Dawn for notifiying me of this problem. My husband called
at work to say she left a message on the phone that the site was
down. After a very frustrating phone call with Network Solutions, the
website is back up and running. The short of it is, they never
notified me of the upcoming renewal. The long answer is this very
nerve wracking honest-toGod phone call.  Note this all happened at
the front desk of a rather busy animal hospital while I was trying to
take care of this in the middle of work.

Overly polite girl with thick Indian accent: Hello, can I have your
domain name please

Me: dailydrool.com

Overly polite girl with thick Indian accent: And to who am I speaking, please?

Me: Nancy Gallagher

Overly polite girl with thick Indian accent: Thank you, Ms.
Gallagher. How can I help you today?

Me: I need to renew my domain name. I went to my site to find out
that you suspended my domain because it was due for renewal and you
did not notify me before hand - either by email or postal mail. You
did this same thing last year and I needed to send you a faxed form
with my license and a change of address card from the Department of
Motor Vehicles.  You told me everything was taken care of at that
time and now the same exact thing is happening all over again.

Overly polite girl with thick Indian accent: I'm very sorry. It is
our policy to notify our customers 30 days before their renewal is
due.

Me: But you didn't! And this is the second time this has happened!

Overly polite girl with thick Indian accent: Can I have your email
address please?

Me: nrgallagher at gmail.com

Overly polite girl with thick Indian accent: We have your email
address as ngallagher at cstoneindy.com

Me: That is incorrect as it was ALSO incorrect LAST year when I
informed you. At that time after faxing over all your forms you
needed plus various personal identification, I was told you changed
it in your records to the correct address.

Overly polite girl with thick Indian accent: I am sorry. What is the
correct address?

Me: nrgallagher at gmail.com!

Overly polite girl with thick Indian accent: I am sorry. We have as
your email address ngallagher at cstoneindy.com. In order to change it,
you will have to print out a form and I will be happy to walk you
through the steps.

Me: <sigh> Fine! Where do I find the form...again?

Overly polite girl with thick Indian accent walks me through half a
dozen clicks of the mouse to download the proper form. She then
informs me it needs to be faxed on 'official letterhead'.

Me: I don't HAVE letterhead. This is not a company.

Overly polite girl with thick Indian accent: I am sorry. That is our policy.

Me: You don't understand - this is like a club... for basset hounds -
not a business.

Overly polite girl with thick Indian accent: But we will need your
letterhead, Ms. Gallagher.

Me <verging on losing my mind> This is a website about Basset Hounds!
Do you know what a basset hound is??! It's a DOG!!!! Does your dog
have his own letterhead???!!!!

Overly polite girl with thick Indian accent: Do you not have some
sort of correspondence? That is the only way we can accept the fax.

Me: He BARKS!!! He's a DOG!! That IS the only correspondence!!!

Overly polite girl with thick Indian accent: No response....

Me <deep breath>: Ok, let me speak with your supervisor. This is absurd.

.....holding, holding holding, overly polite girl comes back on and
tells me she needs to 'authenticate' me and it will take an
additional two minutes. Holding some more....

Overly polite girl with thick Indian accent: Thank you for holding,
Ms. Gallagher. I have reached my supervisor. Her name is Kat and she
will be happy to help you. Thank you for contacting Network Solutions.

Kat: Hello, my name is Katherine 'something-or-other', can I have
your name please.

Me: Nancy Gallagher

Kat: Can I have your email address please?

Me: nrgallagher at gmail.com

Kat: We have your email address currently as nrgallagher at cstoneindy.com

Me <tempted to bang my head on the table>: I KNOW! That's one of the
problems! Did you not hear any part of my conversation with the other
service representative???! I need to renew my domain NOW.

Kat: Yes I know. I will try and help, Ms. Gallagher. I will take you
through the steps in sending us a change of information form.

Me: <am I in a time warp???>  I already filled out this exact form a
year ago. I had to also fax my license and I had to go to Motor
Vehicle to get a change of address card that I needed to fax to you
as well. After all that, you never changed my information.

Kat: Do you have the confirmation of that fax?

Me: NO! It was over a year ago!!!!

Kat: This is a different form you will need to fill out. I will
explain how to download it from the network solutions website.

.....5 minutes later and half a dozen URLs

Kat: No, that won't work. Let's try something else. Click on 'login'
and then 'forgot password'. Can you answer the security question?

'What is your mother's maiden name ___________________'?

So I type in 'Kraus'

Kat: That is correct - we can now help you. Click on renewal
registration and everything will be processed accordingly. Thank you
for contacting Network Solutions.

-----

They couldn't have asked me that FIRST??????

I went home and poured a tall glass of Bailey's over ice! We're up
and running again!

Nancy
nrgallagher at gmail.com