[Dailydrool] Rough Housing

Patty Crawford gusandto at yahoo.com
Mon May 12 21:42:11 PDT 2008

I love when they play alligator mouth and the chew on
each other.
My Gus who is now 13 loves to get the puppies to play
with him. My BF Joni has had 3 puppies through her
house and Gus has played with each one of them just
like you say Rosie and Toby do. I believe that some
bassets just like people LOVE BABIES!!!
Gus was 7 when Earl was a puppy. The two of them would
wrestle(Earl biting Gus's front legs) and alligator
mouth till they were both exhausted. Then
FosterMisterPister (AKA Winston)Gus was 11 They would
play the same way Earl and Gus would.
But my favorite is Stuart he came to Joni's shorty
after Winston went to his forever home. He was around
4 to 6 months old and had no clue how to play. Gus
would start barking at him and the drop his front half
down on one shoulder Stuie would just sit there and
look at him like Gus was a spazz. Pretty soon the two
of them invented their own play routine. Stu likes to
carry Gus's Ear in his mouth he will also nibble on
his ear to he get Gus to chase him.
Yesterday out at the dog park with all the other dogs
around there's Gus and Stuart. Stuart nipping at Gus's
heels till Gus get fired up enough to chase him. I
love to watch them Play.
So now after all that Rosie will tell Toby when she
has had enough. But if she is anything like Gus,Toby
will need to take a nap way before she's done playing.
Have Fun and Enjoy them.

Patty Crawford

Gus http://www.dogster.com/dogs/742885
Tallulah  http://www.dogster.com/dogs/742936