[Dailydrool] (no subject)

earthyoga at aol.com earthyoga at aol.com
Fri May 16 06:32:52 PDT 2008

Esther and all......?

I took?Bailey to the vet the other day?- they didn't feel she was sick...

I know that the best solution would be a cage and that would help to get her bad behaviour under control...we have had some really bad things happen when it comes to cages and bassets....When we moved in here 5 years ago we had crates for the girls....Princess the basset wanna be, broke her lower spine falling on top of one when she went down the basement steps 6 months after we were here and then Sierra (ATB 2.6.08) decided that she didn't want to be in her top of the line metal cage and wiggled her very strong upper body through the corner and got her very weak hind?end stuck so tight that by the time we were home from work she had two huge cuts along her haunches that required 20 stitches a side with drains!? Needless to say the cages were sold at a garage sale and we haven't had any since!? The girls were being contained in a smaller area, but recently my husband felt since they were pretty good about not having accidents that they could have the run of the place....going to go back to the containment system today....she has access to the back of the couch so I am still a little leary....going to put a little hot sauce on it just to be safe.? Bailey came from an abusive situation where she was being starved to death and at 7 months she weighed less than 10 lbs...we've had her 8 months now- Offlist someone suggested that she?is getting stressed from over stimulation and that could be right.? The other two tend to sleep most of the day...she is a ball of energy!? Will be getting a few chewy bones too just to hedge my bets!?

Emily and Bailey - my mountain goat!