[Dailydrool] It's Hot!

Lenore Dickinson storybookbassets at hotmail.com
Sat May 17 08:54:58 PDT 2008

We had, as my dear mother used to say, "an unseasonably warm day" here in Longview yesterday.  I just say "it was hot, damn hot!"  At 10:00 p.m. it was still 80 degrees! The house isn't air conditioned but is usually comfortable until it hits the 90's and we hit 99 yesterday.  I had the fans going and by 10:00 had re-opened the windows to try and get some air inside.  The puppies in the whelping box were miserable and decided the thing to do was tell g'ma.  I mean, it's worked for everything else!

So I put them all on the couch with me with the fan blowing so they'd be cooler -- they liked that immensely.  Abby wasn't too happy about it as Pris and Mags wanted to be included, and as they aren't yet 3 weeks old she wasn't really ready to share.  Abby was perched on the back of the couch (one of her favorite places to snooze).  And that's the way we stayed until 5:00 a.m.

You know people say my dogs are spoiled ... I just don't know why!

Lenore
Storybook Bassets