[Dailydrool] Barking dogs and neighbors

Cblatz Cblatz at zoominternet.net
Wed May 21 08:24:26 PDT 2008

Personally, I would never leave my dogs out when I'm not home.  There are too many fanatics or crazies out there.  I'm not taking a chance my dogs would be let loose or stolen.

At the moment I have 9 dogs that I love dearly.  But, I hate constant barking.  Especially barking for what I consider no reason.  Letting me know the neighbors are getting a new roof if one thing.  Continuing to bark at the workers for 5, 10 15 minutes or more is quite another.

I might find construction/tractor/chainsaw noises annoying but eventually those noises  fade to the backgroud and almost become "white noise". But constant barking grates on my last nerve.  (so does Rap music but that is another story).

I don't think I would ever turn a barking dog into animal control,  well maybe if it went on for hours and then I would be worried about the dog.

But I can understand your sister's neighbors annoyance.  Barking dogs, especially when no one is home comes accross as very inconsiderate, may even border (in some people's mind) on neglect.

Cathy