[Dailydrool] Morgan's Big Adventure

lmcenaney at cox.net lmcenaney at cox.net
Mon May 26 16:18:01 PDT 2008

Morgan (age 14) got out this morning. Thankfully we live in a gated townhouse complex. When we discovered she was not in any of her favorite sleep spots, nor naughtily upstairs, we went running out, praying she had not gone under one of the gates. The lady whose house faces the main gate happened to be sitting outside, and assured us no dogs had gone under the gate. My DD's got on their bikes, and went to the far corners of the complex. I started heading towards the far end on foot, going between houses, accosting any neighbors who happened to be out already. One guy asked "the fat beagle?" Ummm...yes! That's her. He had seen her going down the main street,still in the complex.  (Attempt to catch her, mister? but I digress) My oldest DD found her at the very end of the complex, happily snorfling in a grassy area. She is safely at home, had 3 very big drinks, and conked out for the rest of the day in her bed.
Lyn (attempting to recover from adrenaline rush)
Morgan (Free! On my own! Wait, where's my house?)