[Dailydrool] Vet bills and elder hounds and tonails, oh my!

njmedic702 at aol.com njmedic702 at aol.com
Fri May 30 22:36:23 PDT 2008

 Vet bills...wonderful things, they.? Like anything else, they charge what the market will handle.? We live in the Tri-State area near NYC.? EVERYTHING Is expensive here; housing, etc.? For the services you listed in your post it didn't seem overly expensive to me.? Non-routine lab work is sent out which increases the price one pays.? X-rays and ultrasounds aren't cheap.? Neither are antibiotics or any vet dispensed medication.? I'm with Bev on probiotics being a valuable treatment option, as are digestive enzymes.? I add yogurt, fish oil, digestive enzymes and a powdered joint supplement to our dogs kibble and consider it a bargain compared to what I would pay for vet care for GI problems, arthritis and other joint issues.

Brudder Elwood - As much as you might want to rid yourself of Elder Clara, I think she is your cross, er...senior houndette to bear.? Some advice; give her "girth" a wide berth, hehehe....Glad you are back to your old self again.? You are after all, Dudley's hero.

Two out of four of our hounds have thick, fast growing toenails with long quicks.? I just ordered a product called a Peticure.? It's similar to a dremel which "files" the nailsa bit at a time but has a built in guard which assures you not only choose the proper size for your pet's nails but protects one from accidentally dremmeling a toe.? It comes with a money back guarantee so we're going to give it a try. ? www.peticure.com? Stay tuned...

Hugs and healing drool to those who need it...

?Sandi , Mamaslave to The Boys and The Belles - Dozer, Dudley, Daisy and Delilah