[Dailydrool] snoods

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 09:08:39 PST 2008

I have trouble with snoods when the kids are just out playing. The boys tend
to pull the snoods over each other's faces and then they are lost. I have to
go get them. Of course they are always in the furtherest corner of the yard
and racing about blindly, barking,crashing into trees and each other. It
doesn't seem to bother them particularly that they are temporarily blind, in
fact may be a Basset Version-- literally-- of Blind Man's Bluff. However
there are places in the yard where a Basset, flying along at top speed blind
as a...mole...could really get hurt.

When it is really cold here-- below about 10 degrees-- I set a timer for 5
minutes. I hate to curtail their inner puppies, but that's life in the
midwest winter.

(We used to figure it was safe to go riding (bareback) at 10 degrees.
Anything under that and your toes and fingers were in peril. Probably they
were anyway, but we were 15 years old ) (Besides it had the unintended but
at the time gratifying effect of making my Mother crazy.)

MomPerson (who was a bad little girl) to Nigel, Llewis, Mitchell and Cooper