[Dailydrool] Pill Giving

Lilie Basset Liliebasset at comcast.net
Sat Nov 1 11:48:42 PDT 2008

I received mail after suggesting the Braunsweiger telling me "easier" ways
to give pills.  Please, let me introduce you to Lilie...

I have tried the old method of pop the pills into the open mouth, hold mouth
closed and rub throat.  The pills magically appear coming out of the flew
area - I suspect that Lilie has a very acrobatic tongue.  I also thinks she
laughs at me.

As for giving them in hot dogs, cheese, etc.  That used to work, but she now
turns up her nose at the treat, or eats the treat and spits out the pill.
Remember that this is the dog who let a piece of chocolate cake fall out of
her mouth (yuck, what is this?) because it had no icing on it.  She refuses
to eat toast or crackers without butter, popcorn without butter, or pizza
crust without some of the pizza gooey stuff.

I was delighted to discover Braunsweiger and I'm singing its praises right
now.  If it stops working I'm planning to move onto Cream Cheese - perhaps
flavored.

Katie, Lilie and Daffodil (who will eat anything)