[Dailydrool] Pill Giving

Emily Weiss Dodd emily0608 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 16:33:22 PDT 2008

I also have luck with the "three-times-a-charm" trick with pill
giving. My mini doxie, Avery, has to take a daily dose of blood
pressure medicine and when she started on it she'd eat around whatever
it was we'd try to hide the pill in and then spit the pill out. We use
small bits of American cheese instead of cream cheese but it's the
exact same deal! She gets one piece with no meds, quickly followed by
the second piece with meds, quickly followed by the third piece with
no meds. She's so concerned with getting more cheese that she just
gobbles it down to get to the next piece ... Genius!