[Dailydrool] Two Dog Night and Della Update

Heidi I Sarver sarvermb at UDel.Edu
Mon Nov 3 10:57:02 PST 2008

First:  someone is obviously spying on me as I sleep because that is
EXACTLY what happens each night in this house!

Second:  Della is back from the vet. She's on antibiotics because the
one cyst is very large and still has lots of fluids in the
surrounding tissue.  No surgery for her as she isn't bothered by any
of them and there is no sign of anything "abnormal."

However, she was VERY upset by the whole thing this morning.  First
she had to travel in a non-Mommy car as Mommy's car is in the shop
after having been redesigned by a slightly drunk driver after the
homecoming football game at UD (no one was hurt!).  Second, she got
poked and prodded and who likes that?!  Third, and the worse part of
all, she had her nails cut (why waste a trip!).

So she came home, told her brother Buford all about it, fell asleep
for about 15 minutes due to sheer exhaustion and then woke up and
THREW UP.  Della always throws up twice in a row.  Never once, and
never thrice...twice.  So I quickly took her outside for round #2 and
must have dislodged the baby gate in the family room in the hurry up
process.  Buford took this as an invitation to race upstairs to see
what the contractor (master bath remodel underway) brought for
lunch.  I'm outside with Della who is throwing up and my contractor
is yelling out the window to me because Buford is devouring his lunch
and growling all at the same time.

...I need a vacation....

--heidi: (someone slow down the merry-go-round for just a little while)
--buford: (turkey on wheat bread and an Oat and Honey Nut Bar--yum!)
--della: (I feel better now but I'm still upset about the whole thing)
--guinness: (I'm outside and don't care about any of this)