[Dailydrool] Brudder Elwood's nail 'sperince

Paul, Marie D. (WIC) Marie.Paul2 at va.gov
Mon Nov 3 12:38:02 PST 2008

I almost died reading Brudder Elwoods' nail trimming experience over the
weekend. Ya see not more than 30 minutes prior, after catching my
breath, we had just gone through something so-o-o similar in the Paul
household with Stonewall. Ya see, da kid jest don lik his tooties
touched!!  I give both him and Samantha medication to "knock 'em out".
It works great for Samantha, as soon as she is comatose, out comes the
nail clippers and off come the long nails.  Now Stonewall, on the other
hand, just refuses to allow the meds to work.  Oh sure he was sound
asleep on my lap snoring, but as soon as I touched his paws, awake he
became. I would wait until he feel alseep again; touched the toes, and
wake he would become.  Finally, I just tossed the clippers to DH and
said "go for it".  I held Stonewall tightly in my lap while DH clipped
nails on front paws.  OMG what a struggle - the screaming, the
squirming, the teeth nashing (all from Stonewall).  Finally after
getting just the front toesies done, I let Stonewall off my lap just to
let him calm down.  That's when I knew he was really mad at me - he peed
on me!!!!!!  Well, both DH and myself just laughed and said "I just he
just showed me what his true feelings are about getting his nails
cllipped."  I guess I will have have to call the vet and let them have
him for a day as long as they trim them short enough (which sometimes
they don't).  Thanks goodness, no tail pipe emissions!!!!

Marie Paul
Slave to Stonewall (no way in he*** will anyone touch my toeies)
And Samantha (what jus happened?)