[Dailydrool] Sean for Basset of the Week

Deb Good dlgood66 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 4 04:04:45 PST 2008

It seems that my dear little Mr. Sean is up for Basset of the Week.  Sean came to me in early January after a friend convinced me that I should be showing Bassets.  When he arrived in January, Sean was seven months old and just the cutest, most playful little thing.  Now, at the age of seventeen months, he's the cutest, most playful big boy!  As you can see by his picture, he's very dark in the face, and has been often mistaken for a baby Bloodhound!  This past summer, as a lark, I took him to an animal communicator and he "told" her that he refers to himself as, "The Black Dog".  He's got loads of "naughty spots" on his legs and belly, but the most naughty thing he does is make paper streamers out of the toliet paper.  He's a friend to everybody, human or otherwise.  The only time he's ever growled was about three weeks after I got him.  I had him and my daughter in the car and needed to make a quick run into the grocery store.  I left him in the car
 with Shannon and when I returned, she said that "a really creepy guy" had approached the car and was snooping around.  Sean woke up from a sound sleep and apparently let out a noise that would make your hair curl.  The creepy guy ran from the car.  Sean seems to love the show ring, and even kissed a judge once!  He has also been to Slobberfest to support the hounds who don't have homes like he does.  He is so sensitive and misses his buddy Pip since she went to the Bridge.  He was such a comfort to all of us 2-leggers during that time.  He makes me laugh every day.  He's such a silly, goofy boy!  So when you click on the Basset of the Week of Contest, please give my little Mr. Sean a look!

Deb