[Dailydrool] Licensed breeders in NC

Katherine Nininger k9inger at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 06:16:46 PST 2008

You know,  Beau was my buddy for 8 years and all of those 8 years have been
spent on the Daily Drool.  I've laughed and cried as all of you have.  I
can't tell you how much I've learned over the years.  Now it's time for me
to put this knowledge to the test.  So I have some questions....

Does anyone know what it means to be a licensed breeder in NC?   The DH
works with a guy whose mom is a licensed breeder.    We've wondered in the
past whether she's a BYB, but now with Beau gone, Dave wants another puppy.
Besides when pups will be ready to leave their mom (10-12 weeks), how many
litters the bitch has had/how often bred, and contract requiring
spay/neuter....what other questions should I be asking this woman?
Also, I know that a lot of breeders and rescues have problems with dogs
being given as Christmas gifts, so looking for a puppy right now is not
really great timing.  Is this a hugh problem we should just wait for after
the Holidays, or will it be OK to look?

Thank you ALL for the input!
Katherine and Beau (ATB)